The Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences was established to serve the needs of the citizens of the State of California, the nation and the global community. As part of a research-intensive university, the School has a three part mission of education, research and service. The goals of the School are to provide a premier professional education program leading to the PharmD degree and postgraduate programs including residencies and fellowships.
James McKerrow, PhD, MD, dean
- Established by the University of California Board of Regents in 2000
- Second public school of pharmacy in California and the only one in Southern California
- Admitted its charter class of 25 Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) students in 2002
- Admits 60 PharmD students per year and promotes interdisciplinary education and cooperation through shared classes with UC San Diego School of Medicine students
- Ongoing clinical and educational partnerships in Taiwan, Europe and Nigeria
- Student community service with San Diego Free Clinic and Asian Pacific Center