Qualified nurses are a crucial component for the development of evidence-based medicine as well as patient and family-centered care at any healthcare institution. At UC San Diego, we have developed the International Nursing Clinical Administrative Research and Education (IN-CARE) program, a customized and personalized nursing education and training program intended to further participants’ knowledge and skills in clinical, administration, research, and education capabilities. UC San Diego is a designated
“magnet” hospital in nursing
, a highly prestigious designation that attracts highly qualified nurses, physicians, and healthcare specialists.
UC San Diego leaders in nursing, and faculty are appointed to provide mentorship and advisory support to each participant. Components of IN-CARE include:
- Didactic courses and lectures
- Clinical exposure via simulation, standardized patient sessions, and hospital rounds
- Administrative and leadership development
- Project assignments
International leaders in nursing, healthcare managers, and nursing educators
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Develop, plan and implement strategies to achieve professional nursing practices in their department by building a solid framework for planned change processes.
- Acquire the skills and knowledge to analyze and evaluate workflows, logistics and protocol for implementation.
- Experience and communicate the advancements in their particular field of nursing, as it relates to technology, skills, innovation and new trainings.
- Learn about the best practices from a leading U.S. healthcare system and develop up-to-date guidelines for their local practice.
Duration of Program:
The IN-CARE program is unique, participants:
- Receive training at a leading academic center in a broad range of nursing specialties, while gaining advanced knowledge in best scientific, ethical, regulatory and management practices
- Polish practical clinical/managerial skills in an operational setting
- Placement with highly-specialized and qualified mentors
- Network with UC San Diego’s nurse leadership, faculty and staff
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from UC San Diego (for either program duration)
Contact us for more information:
To Apply, click on the icon below, hit the "Apply" button on the pdf to email HSI your CV. We look forward to hearing from you soon.