See the Biostatistics group website.
Schedule a consulting appointment
To schedule an appointment, use these request forms:
Karen S. Messer
Professor, Department of Family Medicine and Public Health
Emily Pittman, PhD
Phone: (858) 246-1595
Mail Code 0901
Room 3037, Moores Cancer Center
- Data analysis and interpretation for Cancer Center research projects using contemporary statistical and bioinformatic methodologies
- Development and support of electronic data capture systems for investigator-initiated therapeutic clinical trials, observational studiens, patient registries and other needs
- Statistical / Bioinformatics expertise in study design, including research proposal development, sample size determination and power calculation, and analysis plans.
- Development of study-specific databases to support Cancer Center research. Develop and maintain these databases in a uniform manner.
- Methodologic research in cancer-related biostatistics and bioinformatics to support Cancer Center projects
- Education in biostatistics and bioinformatics to graduate students, oncology residents, fellows and Cancer Center investigators.
- Discussion of miscellaneous statistical questions of all types
The Biostatistics Resource collaborates on protocol and grant development, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript preparation, and database development for cancer-related research projects. As a service to its members, the Cancer Center provides this support for peer-reviewed cancer-related research with out charge, for shorter-term projects. Projects which develop into longer-term collaboration or which are used to apply for external funding will be asked to include support for the Biostatistics Resource.
We are required to recharge for service to non-Cancer Center members, longer term collaboration, or non-peer reviewed projects. Our hourly rate is $84 per hour for UC members and $200 per hour for non-UC members, and we are happy to discuss the cost of your project.
- Karen Messer, PhD, Director, Biostatistics
- Tony Chen, Software Programmer and Analyst
- Lei Bao, PhD, Principal Statistician Bioinformatics
- Charles Berry, PhD, Professor Biostatistics (Emeritus)
- Sonia Jain, PhD, Professor Biostatistics
- Viswanath Nandigam, MS, IT Lead
- Hongying Li, PhD, Senior Statistician
- Lin Liu, PhD, Principal Statistician
- Loki Natarajan, PhD, Professor Biostatistics
- Emily Pittman, PhD, Project Manager
- Minya Pu, MS, Principal Statistician
- Martha White, MS, Programmer and Data Analyst