These funding mechanisms are designed to support early stage development, testing or piloting for innovations that are in concept development or need to undergo feasibility testing.
- Pilot Projects (Available Funding Categories: Clinical Research (up to $30,000), Translational Research (up to $30,000), Innovative Science Research (up to $50,000)
- Academic-Community Partnership Pilot Grant
funds the development of new projects, which will serve as a basis for
future grant proposals and community partnerships with awards of $15,000
to be spent within the designated 12-month period.
- Galvanizing Engineering in Medicine
(GEM) Project awards pilot funding of $60,000 for at least one project,
which is expected to progress to a prototype within 12 to 18 months.
- UC Center for Accelerated Innovation Technology Development Award
provides grant and local support worth up to $200,000 for a period of
up to two years, as well as mentoring and project management support.
- The Veteran's Administration, Office of Research and Development
provides significant funding resources, up to $600,000 over 4 years, for
research that focuses on Veteran's needs. Apply here.