National Library of Medicine Postdoctoral Fellow
Clinical Decision Support, Clinical Modeling, Education Informatics, EHR design
- MAS in Clinical Research, University of California, San Diego (2014)
- MD, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA (2008)
- BS, Pre-Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- PGY-2 General Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA (2009-10)
- PGY-1 General Surgery, Boston University, Boston, MA (2008-09)
- Shenvi EC, El-Kareh R. Clinical Criteria to Screen for Inpatient Diagnostic Errors: A Scoping Review. Diagnostics. 2014 (available online 18 Oct 2014). doi: 10.1515/dx-2014-0047
- Shenvi EC, Meeker D, Boxwala AA. Understanding Data Requirements of Retrospective Studies. International Journal of Medical Informatics. 2014 (available online 12 Oct 2014) doi: 10.1016/j.ijmedinf.201410.004
- (Extended Abstract) Shenvi EC, Zhang J, Levy E. Clinical Documentation for Event Log Viewing: A Medical Record Design and Usage Proposal. Proceedings of AMIA Annual Symposium, Washington DC, November 2013.
- de Campos T, Deree J, Martins JO, Loomis WH, Shenvi E, Putnam JG, Coimbra R. Pentoxifylline attenuates pulmonary inflammation and neutrophil activation in experimental acute pancreatitis. Pancreas. 2008 Jul;37(1):42-9.
- Deree J, de Campos T, Shenvi E, Loomis WH, Hoyt DB, Coimbra R. Hypertonic saline and pentoxifylline attenuates gut inury after hemorrhagic shock: the kinder, gentler resuscitation. Journal of Trauma. 2007 Apr;62(4):818-27; discussion 827-8.
- Deree J, Shenvi E, Fortlage D, Stout P, Potenza B, Hoyt DB, Coimbra R. Patient factors and operating room resuscitation predict mortality in traumatic abdominal aortic injury: a 20-year analysis. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2007 Mar;45(3):493-7.
- Admission Variables as Mortality Predictors in a Trauma Intensive Care Unit. Shenvi EC, Shepard PR. Critical Data Conference, Cambridge, MA, January 2014.
- Modeling a Decision Rule for Usage of Diagnostic Abdominal CT in Pediatric Blunt Trauma. Shenvi EC, Grando A, Hilfiker ML, Kim H. AMIA Annual Symposium, Washington, DC, November 2013.
- A research pipeline of information extraction for visualization of narrative clinical reports on a timeline. Shi J, Reeves R, Shenvi EC, Tharp M, El-Kareh R, Agha Z, Chapman WW. Visual Analytics in Healthcare Workshop, Washington, DC, November 2013.
- Missed Psoas Abscess in Setting of Known Renal Mass: Implications of Diagnostic Momentum Across Handoffs. Shenvi EC, El-Kareh R. Diagnostic Error in Medicine 6th International Conference, Chicago, IL, September 2013.
- A Needs Assessment of Critical Care Physicians: Data Presentation for Anemia as a Prototypical Clinical Problem. Shenvi EC, El-Kareh R. AMIA Annual Symposium, Chicago, IL, November 2012.
- Presenter and Panelist, American College of Surgeons Resident and Associate Society Symposium: “Five-Year General Surgery Residency: Reform or Revolution?” ACS Clinical Congress, San Francisco, CA, October 2014. Essay published in Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, November 2014.
- Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine Residents’ Perceptions of Outcome Feedback after Handoffs. Shenvi EC, El-Kareh R. Diagnostic Error in Medicine 7th International Conference, Atlanta, GA, September 2014.
Location: UCSD, School of Medicine Building 2 Room 137
Email: eshenvi @ ucsd.edu