Thank you for your interest in the UCSD Biostatistics PhD program. The Division of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics (Dept of Family Medicine and Public Health) seeks highly motivated applicants with a strong mathematical background for a new doctoral program in Biostatistics which started in Fall 2016. Our program aims to train the next generation of biostatisticians in the mathematical theory, computational skills, and inferential methods needed to analyze complex biomedical data. The program will provide:
- An integrated, comprehensive, and intensive didactic curriculum in biostatistics, statistics, and the mathematical foundations needed for analysis of biomedical data;
- Rigorous training in computing, reproducible research practices and data management skills;
- Substantive training in a specific domain of application in biomedical or public health sciences;
- Instruction on research ethics, protection of human subjects, and confidentiality requirements;
- Experiential learning and mentoring in communication and scientific writing skills and the ability to work in interdisciplinary teams.
The proposed program is distinguished by its high mathematical content and rigorous technical training in theory and methods, as well as, training in practical collaborative skills, and use of important data from many areas of the biomedical sciences. We expect to provide a stipend and tuition remission to qualified students for the duration of their studies.
Applications will be accepted September 1, 2016- January 9, 2017. Please apply at: