Our application deadline is November 1 of each recruitment year. We will not accept ERAS applications past this deadline.
We generally receive approximately 3,500 completed applications per year and interview approximately 600 applicants. Our residency recruitment committee reviews all applications, evaluating multiple factors including:
- General academic performance.
- Clinical performance (particularly in internal medicine and related rotations).
- Letters of recommendation.
- Personal qualities and achievements.
In order to complete your file, we require:
- Your Dean's letter.
- Your medical school transcript.
- Your USMLE/ National Board scores, Step I and II (Step II if available, however not mandatory for application review).
- Three separate letters of recommendation from the following individuals:
- The Department Chairman in Medicine (or his/her designee).
- An internal medicine faculty member.
- A faculty member of your choice.
We will accept additional letters via ERAS if you have them available. If applying for the
Combined Medicine/Pediatrics program, please provide four letters of recommendation, two from medicine and two from pediatrics, one each being from the Chair, Program Director or Clerkship Director representing each specialty.
Recommendation letters should be addressed according to ERAS instructions.