Associate Chancellor and Chief Diversity Officer
Research and Teaching Interests
Dr. Daley is the Principal Investigator for the UCSD Comprehensive Research Center of Excellence in Health Disparities. The Center is funded by the National Institute of Health’s National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities. The Center promotes training and research on health issues affecting populations at risk for experiencing health disparities.
University of California, San Diego, SOM, CA, M.D.
University of Albuquerque, Albuquerque, NM, B.A. Chemistry
Honors and Awards
The San Diego Business Journal “Women Who Mean Business” Award Honoree
The Palavra Tree, Inc Annual Multi-Cultural Celebration of Life Award in Health and Medicine for Outstanding Services
San Diego’s 2007 Health Champion Awards Finalist to UCSD Division of Community Pediatrics by The San Diego Business Journal
Multi Culture Heritage Awards Honoree awarded to UCSD Division of Pediatrics by The San Diego Business Journal
Certificate in recognition of “Outstanding and Invaluable Service to the Community” from Congresswoman Susan Davis to San Diego EXPORT Center
International Village Celebration Certificate awarded to UCSD Division of Community Pediatrics by the City Heights Community Development Corporation
UCSD Community Champion Award to San Diego EXPORT Center by UC San Diego
California State Chicano/Latino Medical Student Association Faculty Service Award, In honor of her support and dedication to CMSA and the Latino Community
Stanford School of Medicine 2000 Pfeiffer Winter Quarter Visiting Professor
Most Recent Publications
- Daley SP, Palermo AG, Nivet M, Soto-Greene ML, Taylor VS, Butts GC, Johnson J, Strelnick AH, Lee-Rey E, Williams B, Dorscher J, Lipscomb WD, McDowell S, Cornbill R, Mindt MR, Herbert-Carter J, Fry-Johnson YW, Smith QT, Rust G, Kondwani K. Diversity in academic medicine no. 6 successful programs in minority faculty development: ingredients of success. Mt Sinai J Med. 2008 Dec 1;75(6):533-51.
- Wingard DL, Reznik VM, Daley SP. Career experiences and perceptions of underrepresented minority medical school faculty. J Natl Med Assoc. 2008 Sep;100(9):1084-7.
- Chavira DA, Garland AF, Daley S, Hough R. The impact of medical comorbidity on mental health and functional health outcomes among children with anxiety disorders. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2008 Oct;29(5):394-402.
- Daley SP, Wingard DL, Reznik V. Improving the Retention of Under Represented Minority Faculty in Academic Medicine. J Natl Med Assoc. Sep 2006;98(9): 1435-40.
- Daley S, Tanori E. San Diego Border HETC Addressing Health Disparities Through Experimental Learning in Community Settings. The National AHEC Bulletin, Volume XXI, Number 2, 34-36, 2005
- Pan A., Daley S., Rivera L., Williams K., Lingle D., Reznik V., Understanding the Role of Culture in Domestic Violence: The Ahimsa Project for Safe Families. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, Volume 8, No. 1, January 2005.
- Soriano FI, Rivera LM, Williams KJ, Daley SP, Reznik VM. Navigating Between Cultures: The Role of Culture in Youth Violence. Journal of Adolescent Health, Vol 34:169-176, 2004
- Daley S, Delaney A, Sadler GR, Reznick VM. A Collaboration to Improve Health Literacy of Minority Communities, Pediaric Research, Vol 55, No 4:250A, April 2004
- Reznik V, Wingard D, Garman K, Daley S. A Model For Enhancing Junior Faculty Success: University of California, San Diego [UCSD] National Center of Leadership in Academic Medicine. Pediatric Research, 53:(4)89A, 2003.
- Reznik V, Rivera L, Pan A, Lingle D, Griffin-Tabor V, Williams K, Daley S. The Role of Culture in Domestic Violence: The AHIMSA Project for Safe Families. Pediatric Research, 53:(4)250A, 2003.