On February 3, 2017, the Department of Radiology, in collaboration with the Altman Clinical and Translational Research Institute (ACTRI) launched Collab@Altman Monthly Mixer, a monthly forum designed to foster an open, collaborative, and interdisciplinary community within the ACTRI building's unique walls
Collab@Altman Monthly Mixer will take place at the ACTRI Auditorium on the first Friday of each month (12 p.m.-1 pm). The forum will showcase current or upcoming research of a PI or group residing in ACTRI, highlighting facets of translation and interdisciplinary collaboration. Calls for collaborators are welcome!
The February 3rd launch featured:
- Anders Dale, PhD, ia Professor and Vice Chair for Research in the UC San Diego Department of Radiology; Professor of Neurosciences, Psychiatry, and Cognitive Science; and Director of the UCSD Center for Multimodal Imaging and Genetics (CMIG).
- Claude Sirlin, MD, PhD, Professor and Vice Chair for Translational Research in the UC San Diego Department of Radiology. He directs the Liver Imaging Group at UCSD, chairs the Liver Imaging Reporting and Data System Committee for the American College of Radiology, and chairs the Radiology Committee for the NIDDK's Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis Clinical Research Network.
- Andrew Schluchter, Manager of the Cardiovascular Imaging Lab. The Cardiovascular Imaging Lab is directed by Dr. Elliott McVeigh, Professor of Bioengineering, Medicine, and Radiology.
- Loren Mell, MD, Director of Clinical & Translational Research for the Dept of Radiation Medicine and Applied Sciences.
- Christine B. Chung, MD, Professor of Radiology at UCSD in the Musculoskeletal Division. She is a clinical translational researcher and Director of the UCSD Musculoskeletal Imaging Research Group.
March 3rd Collab@Altman Monthly Mixer speakers will include Gary S. Firestein, MD, Director of the Altman Clinical
and Translational Research Institute, Dean and Associate Vice Chancellor of
Translational Medicine at UC San Diego.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, requests to be a speaker, and calls for collaboration.