- Biomaterials/Breast Implants
- Physiology and Pathology of Healing Processes
- Scientific Foundations for Evidence-Based Aesthetic Surgery
- Telemedicine for Chronic Wounds
- Applications of Stem-Cell Based Technologies for Plastic Surgery
My research is focused on mechanisms of inflammation and healing, advances and outcomes in reconstructive and aesthetic surgery with specific emphasis on new technologies in plastic surgery and their implementation into plastic surgery. In addition, I led the team pursuing telemedicine related projects and implementing telemedicine based wound care programs, linking numerous clinical community entities with expert care available at the University setting.
RESEARCH ACTIVITIES AND PROJECTS
- Advanced, Multidisciplinary Aesthetic Fellowship (Educational Grant from Mentor Worldwide, LLC 2007-2013; currently restructured)
- Energy (ultrasound, radiofrequencies, lasers) –based Surgical Tools for Cosmetic Applications
- Telemedicine for Chronic Wound Management Programs
- Dobke M, Whitehead E. Telemedicine as an Aid to Clinical Practice, Research and Education in Plastic Surgery. In Grashew G, Roelofs TA (eds), Advances in Telemedicine: Applications in Various Medical Disciplines and Geographical Regions. Intech, Vienna, 2011, 201 – 214.
- Yu Suk Choi, Vincent LG, Lee AR, Kretchmer LC, Chirasatitsin S, Dobke M, Engler AJ. The Alignment and Fusion Assembly of Adipose-Derived Stem Cells on Mechanically Patterned Matrices. Biomaterials 2012;33(29), 6943-6951.
- Blackwell BJ, Lopez MF, Wang J, Krastins B, Sarracino D, Tollervey JR, Dobke M, Jordan I, Lunyak VV. Protein Interaction with piALU RNA Indicates Putative Participation of RetroRNA in the Cell Cycle, DNA Repair and Chromatin Assembly. Mobile Genetic Elements. 2012;2(1),26-35.
- Dobke M, Hitchcock T, Misell L, Sasaki G. Tissue Restructuring by Energy-Based Surgical Tools. Clin Plast Surg, 2012;39(4),399-408,2012.
- Hassanein AH, Mailey B, Dobke M. Robot Assisted Plastic Surgery. Clin Plast Surg 2012;39(4),419-424. \
- Habib Al-Basti, MD Department of Plastic Surgery, Alkhor Hospital, Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar
- Hamdy El-Khatib, MD Department of Plastic Surgery, Alkhor Hospital, Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar
- Adam J. Engler, PhD Department of Bioengineering, UCSD and Stanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine, La Jolla
- Victoria Lunyak, PhD Buck Institute for Research on Aging, Novato, California
- Lisa Misell, PhD Ulthera, Inc., Mesa, Arizona
- Augusto Valderrama, PhD Departments of Molecular Biology, Medicine, and Surgery, Universidad Libre, Cali, Columbia
- Allison Vaughn, PhD Department of Psychology, SDSU