To ensure didactic for the NightFloat Team, the didactic session will be proctored by the weekly Trauma/Acute Care Service attending for the NightFloat team (PGYIV, III and I). Here are the 10 topics that is a baseline curriculum for both acute care surgery and trauma surgery.
Acute Care Surgery:
- Acute Diverticulitis: Diagnosis and management: When to operate immediately and electively.
- Acute and necrotizing pancreatitis: Eat when you can, sleep when you can and stay out of the pancreas.
- Biliary tract pathology: Management of acute cholecystitis, cholangitis and choledocholithiasis.
- Sepsis: Resuscitation and Management beyond surviving sepsis.
- Bowel Obstruction: Why do we let the sunset and rise again?
Download PowerPoint Files:
- Adhesive Small Bowel Obstruction
- The Gallbladder Gallstones & Beyond
- TBI and intracranial hypertension
- Hypocoagulability in trauma: Diagnosis, TEG interpretation and management
- Vascular injury: Diagnosis, management and the role of intravascular technology
- Free fluid on the CT scan following trauma: Differential diagnosis and management
- Damage control laparotomy and decompressive laparotomy: Indications, goals of therapy and definitive closure.