The Health Sciences Space Advisory Committee (HSSAC) was established to provide general guidance and specific recommendations to the Vice Chancellor of Health Sciences in regard to the most effective use of existing space, the assignment of new space, and the need for future facilities development for instruction and research, and organized research activities.
The Committee will:
1. Review space policy and recommend changes as necessary, at least every three years.
2. Recommend space analyses as needed.
3. Conduct biannual reviews, including a walk-through of all departments and ORU space. Faculty assigned space will be reviewed, and each department/ORU will provide written space utilization reviews and supporting documentation.
4. Annually review and comment on space utilization by department/ORU and identify space available for reallocation.
5. Recommend programmatic priorities for space assignments, and development of new space.
6. Assist in defining the need/scope of future instruction and research space, and ORU related support facilities.
Membership: There shall be ten faculty members appointed by the Vice Chancellor Health Sciences. Appointees should cover the broad spectrum of faculty, representing a balance among disciplines, basic and clinical research and geographic sites. There will be one ex-officio member, The ACOS for Research from the VASDHS. The Associate Dean for Program and Policy Analysis SOM, and the Dean for Scientific Affairs shall serve as regular consultants to the committee. The Chair and Vice Chair will be selected by the VCHS from the Membership.
HSSAC MeetingsSpace Request Application.docx
Occurrence: Monthly, every 3rd Wednesday, 4:00 PM
Location: BSB 1320