PRMCAS provides strategic, analytical, and decision-support to the UC San Diego Vice Chancellor of Health Sciences (VCHS) and senior management, with regard to research and instructional space both on and off campus.
Our Team …
- Manages approximately 2.8 million gross square feet (GSF) of research and instructional space in 34 Health Sciences buildings, and 35 off-site leases.
- Provides asset management, facility renewal needs assessments, and short- and long-term planning related to research and educational space needs.
- Administers the VCHS “Lease Plan” program.
- Maintains and updates Health Sciences building floor plans and occupancy information via Facilities Information System (FIS), UCSD’s space data and inventory management system.
- Analyzes research grant awards to confirm financial viability of proposed space and off-site leases.
- Tracks incremental Indirect Costs (IDC) generated by Federal, State, and Private research grants used to pay for operations and maintenance, and debt services for Garamendi and non-Garamendi buildings and off-site leases.
- Processes financial transactions for UCSD School of Medicine space, renovation, and capital programs.
- Determines the need for capital projects, identifies funding to pay for buildings, plans occupancy, monitors construction, and facilitates moves and renovation projects.
- Acts as VCHS liaison in regard to planning, design and construction, and project management for minor and major capital projects supporting research and instructional needs.